Wednesday, May 19, 2010

wednesday what-have-yous: hyphenating

Lately I've been trying to decide whether or not I want to change my name when I get married. I like my last name. Why do I have to be the one to change? Just because it's tradition? Why can't he take my last name? Why can't we combine our names? Why can't we choose a nice-sounding word and make that our last name? Maybe a little extreme, but I want to make sure that if and when I do change my name, I've given it some thought -- that I've made the decision that it's what I want to do, not what I should do or feel like I have to do. I want it to be a conscious decision, not something I accept just because "that's the way it's done."

Anyway, pre-marital headbutting aside, last names can be a funny topic. Literally.


I mean, Traylor-Hooker? Really???

1 comment:

  1. i vote for SHERBROOK-MIDDLEMAN. : ) haha yes i'm keeping up on you and your crazy analysisises missy!

    ReplyDelete