Tuesday, May 4, 2010

tuesday tunes: high violet fever

On Saturday, I spent $260 on concert tickets at the Electric Fetus (plus another $22 on a hat, but that's not tune-related now, is it). The majority of my loot was for four friends, Andy and myself to experience what is sure to be an epic two nights in August. One of my (our) favorite bands is coming to First Ave, and this time I'll be there for the magic.

The National came in July last year, mere weeks after I'd departed on my Argentine adventure. I remember hanging around my room that night, homesick and teary-eyed about missing the concert, missing Andy, missing Minneapolis. Andy tried to make me feel better the next day, assuring me that I would've been thrown by the band's live versions of songs I held so dear. But I knew it was just a cover; I knew I'd missed an amazing slow show.

But this year, they're coming for two nights. Two! And I will be there for both. And, with an updated agenda, the band is sure to put on an electric performance.

Until its release on May 11, you can listen to their new album High Violet here.

No comments:

Post a Comment