Tuesday, October 27, 2009

lyndale to the horizon

Being away has made Minneapolis bigger than life; in my mind it has become a city of dreams. A city of bright lights and quiet streets, of cold beer and corner booths, of crisp air and laughter drifting through it. A city in which I have a friend on every corner and a memory behind every door. A city I miss like a best friend. A city that has forever claimed my heart.

A city that I will fall back into step with, even if we both have changed. A city whose stories will never grow old. A city that feels so full of promise it seems I could take Nicollet out to the ocean and Lyndale to the horizon.

A city that I plan to greet in December by getting down on my belly, spreading my arms wide, and kissing its frozen ground hello; whispering in its frostbit ear that there will never be another, that it is the only one for me.


(Image compliments of Gonzalo, my favorite student at San Tarsicio.)

1 comment:

  1. MPLS for life (for the most part;), sistah! It misses you dearly.

    ReplyDelete