Sunday, October 4, 2009

the grass is always greener

Every night I have a delicious, hot dinner served to me without having to lift a finger. I miss cooking, and eating what I want, when I want.

I don't have to clean my own bathroom. I look forward to not having to stand on the edges of the tub to get the water pressure necessary to thoroughly clean my hair.

Freshly washed sheets magically appear on my bed every Tuesday. I can't wait to bury myself in our expensive cotton sheets under our fluffy down comforter.

I have my laundry done at a drop-off laundry service for US$4 a load. I'm excited to get back to gentle cycles and dryer sheets.

A doorman usually calls the elevator for me and chats with me while I wait for it. It will be so nice to wait for the old, slow elevator in our building without being hit on.

I go to a wonderful yoga class led by a fantastic instructor in a beautiful old building. I've been longing for a heated Friday-night Vinyasa class that leaves my arms and legs wobbly in the most satisfying of ways.

It's been so great to see how connected Andy and I have remained despite the distance. I can't wait for the day that we can communicate through a hug.

I have so much time to read. I miss having access to endless shelves of books.

I love being able to practice my Spanish every day. It will be a little relieving to be back in a place where I'm fluent in the official language.

The list of things I love about Buenos Aires grows with each day that passes. I look forward to the day when I can remember it all with fondness.


Maybe it's less about the grass being greener and more about learning to appreciate what I'm blessed with at any given point in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment