Wednesday, October 7, 2009

let the travels begin

Considering the fact that I'm in a foreign country with a flexible schedule and a lot of free time, I haven't done much traveling. In the past sixteen weeks I've spent a total of five days outside of the city - three in Mendoza, one in Colonia, Uruguay, and one in a town on the river delta an hour train ride away. Much different from my semester in Spain, when I traveled to eight countries in four months. But this travel void is about to be filled.

In the next eight weeks I'll be taking four trips - a long weekend to Montevideo and Punta del Este, Uruguay, with my friend Alie; a quick jaunt up to Iguazu Falls with my friend Rachael; an eight-to-ten-day trip to Bariloche and the Lakes District in Northern Patagonia, travel companion being sought out; and a week in Southern Patagonia, taking in Glaciers National Park with Andy.

It's going to be a great couple months, and I'm really looking forward to getting out of the city and exploring what the rest of the country has to offer. This means you'll have to deal with fewer posts, but I promise to make it up to you with lots of good stories and photographs.

First up, Uruguay. I depart tomorrow morning on an 8am ferry, so I'll see you all next week.

Let the travels begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment