Wednesday, October 14, 2009

the argentimes

So the teaching thing has been great, but I was itching for something a little more challenging... I needed a little diversity; something to jump-start my brain. My mom had been encouraging me to email The Argentimes, an English newspaper in Buenos Aires, and I finally did. I offered up my public relations skills (free of charge), and the editor/founder took the bait.

I met with her last week to discuss how I could be put to use - we decided that I'll be in charge of fleshing out the "Inside Argentina" section of their website, which will serve as an all-inclusive guide to the city (restaurants, travel services, language schools, volunteer opportunities, cultural events, etc.), targeting expats and tourists. I'll be contacting local businesses and meeting with people all over the city, trying to convince as many of them as possible that they want to be included in the guide. Since I'm only going to be around for another month or so, my job is to get as much done as I can in the next four weeks.

I'm excited to have a new project, and am looking forward to seeing how much ground I can cover before I'm Patagonia-bound. First step, a pitch letter... apparently some things never change.

Wish me luck!

(Also - I'll still be teaching two days a week... I couldn't leave the kids quite yet.)

No comments:

Post a Comment