Saturday, October 3, 2009

holy october

Where is the time going? Yesterday I hit the eight-weeks-until-Andy-arrives mark, and got really excited and a little panicked at the same time... Clearly I can't wait to see him again, but I have a lot I want to do in the next eight weeks. No more messing around. I have a mere 54 days to: travel to Uruguay for a four-day weekend; complete eight more hours of private tutoring; take a long weekend to see Iguazu Falls; eat at at least fifteen new restaurants; see a futbol match or two; check off a few more museums; explore BA's Chinatown; spend a week or so tromping around Bariloche and the Lakes District; teach those ten-year-olds a couple more lessons; try at least five new flavors of ice cream; volunteer; put my nose to the Spanish-learning grindstone; and, most importantly, slow down and appreciate the daily joys of my life here in Buenos Aires.

I can't believe that at one point I actually thought to myself, "Wake me up... when September ends..."

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome that you quoted that song - when I was in London we listened to that song and my friend Adam said it's what made him decide to stay longer after our program ended. :)

    ReplyDelete