Thursday, October 22, 2009

a list of lists

I used to think I had a Type B personality. I was clearly in denial of the fact that I like to be in control, I'm stubborn, I love planning and organizing, and I have notebooks upon notebooks full of lists.

I love lists. The entire process of writing items in neat little rows makes me oddly excited. I've even caught myself clapping my hands and bouncing up and down with the anticipation of starting a new list. It doesn't matter the topic - groceries to buy, areas of the house to clean, thank-you letters to write - even the most mundane tasks can be made pleasurable when they're put into list form. It's weird, I'm well aware... but it's how I operate.

Anyway, being the Type A girl that I am, I feel it necessary to share with all of you the lists that I've made since arriving in Argentina... I'm justifying this perverted task of making a list of lists by believing that it will give you some insight into what I've been doing here and what I've been thinking about.

All of these lists are neatly organized in a pocket-sized notebook that I carry with me everywhere, and that has become my second-most prized possession here (after my camera and before my passport). I open that thing numerous times each day, adding to my lists, crossing things off... sometimes I simply flip through the pages and look at all of my lists and think about them. Wow. Saying that out loud sounds even worse than it does in my head.

Alright, without further delay, a glimpse into the freakishly Type A mind of Lia Middlebrook:

- New vocabulary words
- Things to research
- BsAs yoga studios
- Public transportation options to La Boca
- BsAs street fairs
- Tango studios and shows
- Places that offer photography classes
- Books to read
- Things to do with Nancy and Janine
- Things to buy at the Recoleta street fair
- Gifts to bring home
- Blog ideas
- BsAs hotels, restaurants, cafes and bars
- Patagonia tour companies and tourism websites
- (Numerous) possible trip itineraries
- Food vocabulary
- Airport transfers
- Ice cream companies and flavors
- Activities, wineries and restaurants in Mendoza
- Hotels in Patagonia
- Things to do with Andy in BsAs
- Places to travel
- Things to do and see in BsAs
- Things to think about (wouldn't you like to know)
- BsAs food recommendations
- What to do when I have free time
- Stress reduction tips
- Differences between Mpls and BsAs
- Things I miss
- Movies to watch
- What I want to do when I get back to Mpls
- Concert/live music schedules
- BsAs restaurants
- Books read in BsAs
- Ways to enrich my life
- Addresses
- Spring & Summer 2010 to-dos
- Places to see in my lifetime
- Foods to cook
- Health food places in BsAs
- Things I'm learning about myself
- A "Productivity Plan"
- Restaurants to try
- High and low points (during my time here)
- A yoga sequence
- City walks to do with Mom
- More blog ideas
- Andy's BsAs "Must-sees"
- Things to purchase
- Photos to take
- Argentine jokes
- Uruguay recommendations
- Things I noticed about Uruguay
- Foods I miss (don't act like this surprises you)
- Take-out/delivery phone numbers

I suddenly feel like I'm standing in the middle of a room full of people I know, naked.

No comments:

Post a Comment