Tuesday, July 7, 2009

hmm...

Well, I learned today that all of the language institutes have been closed until August 3 due to the Swine Flu... there are a lot of preventative measures being taken here to keep it from spreading. So that means that I need to find a way to occupy myself for another month. Hmm. To some this may seem like a blessing. No work? No obligations? In Argentina? What´s wrong with that? And yes, on some level, it´s nice. But on another, I´m the kind of person who needs purpose and structure and to be productive. So I didn´t exactly welcome this news. However, I realize that life is all about attitude, so I decided to look at the positive side and make a list of all that I can do over the next month.
- Practice Spanish like my life depends on it
- Exhaust every friend-making outlet possible
- Travel
- Maybe sign up for an official language class
- Take tango classes
- Visit more museums
- Try to convince a friend or two from home to come down and travel with me
- Do more yoga
- Do so much travel research that my fingers fall off and the internet cafe kicks me out
- Write more journal entries
- Give meditation a try
- Remind myself that some day I´m going to long for this free time with every ounce of my being

No comments:

Post a Comment