Tuesday, July 14, 2009

fumigation

This morning I was enjoying a cup of tea while I checked my email in my pajamas. The door buzzer sounded, and few minutes later Carmen was talking to someone in the kitchen. Then I started smelling something funny, very chemical-like. I thought to myself, ¨Hmm, that´s odd.¨ Then a guy wearing a Ghostbuster-like tank on his back walked by, spraying chemicals into corners. Well that´s just great. Don´t worry about me, I don´t need those brain cells anyway. I grabbed my tea, and retreated to my room, hoping the chemicals wouldn´t seep under the door. I emerged a while later to smell incense. Of course! Why didn´t I think of that. Incense clearly cancels out the detrimental effects of cockroach-killing chemicals. Carmen later explained that the fumigation was just a preventative measure. There weren´t even any cockroaches in the house. Perfect. Thank you for shaving a few weeks off my life. Oh Argentina, with your secondhand smoke and dirty exhaust and fumigation, you are so not good for my lungs.

No comments:

Post a Comment