Monday, June 15, 2009

my host family

During my time in Buenos Aires, I'm going to be staying with a host family. Up until last week, the only knowledge I had about them was that they lived in B.A., and that they would be hosting me. A little scary, considering I'll be living with them in their home for five months. 

But now I have more details, and it is both relieving and exciting. My host parents names are Carmen and Carlos, and they live in the Recoleta neighborhood (barrio) of B.A. They are an older couple with grown children, one of which still lives at home with them - their 29-year-old son, Juan (living at home until you're married is a very common Argentinian standard, so this does not strike me as odd).

Recoleta is supposedly a very beautiful, posh part of the city... and I think I'm okay with that. It has a lot of cafes and parks, and is close to Palermo, another barrio that has a host of ethnic restaurants, shopping and green space to explore. I'm sure I'll have hundreds of details to share once I'm there....

... but for now I'm just excited to meet my family and see what my home will be like... at this time next week I'll be en route!

No comments:

Post a Comment