Saturday, June 27, 2009

life

I have been here for five days. Last night we ate white rice, hot dogs, fried eggs and bread for dinner. Today the family dog peed on my bathroom floor. This afternoon I went for a run, and did 25 squats, 50 lunges and five push-ups on a park bench. I hate push-ups. Last night I stayed up until 4am, and it did not seem strange, except for the fact that I can rarely make it past midnight at home. I think I have found my favorite place to sit, drink coffee, and become lost in a book. It is two blocks from where I live, and is always filled with the chatter of friendship. It gets dark here at 6 o´clock. Today I didn´t wake up until after noon. Yesterday I ate empaƱadas for the first time. I had three of them, and one burned my tongue. I eased the burn with a glass of Fanta. I have yet to purchase any shoes or clothing. Each time I go to a cafe I try a new kind of coffee drink. My favorite so far is not so much a coffee drink, but is hot milk that comes with two sticks of chocolate that you melt in the milk and stir around. It is called a submarino. It is delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment