Tuesday, June 30, 2009

but seriously...

... back to the food at lunch. This stuff is incredible. Addicting. Guilt-inducing under any other circumstance. The empañadas were filled with the sweetest morsels of meat and egg and greasy sauce, surrounded by the flakiest, yet still somehow doughy, crust, grilled to perfection. And the pizza, oh sweet heavens. Thick buttery crust, rich cheese spilling over the sides, tomatoes that taste like my grandmother´s garden. The place was packed, and rightfully so. Oh hallelujah, I have found my pizza haven.

4 comments:

  1. What is the name of the place???
    I want to try it when I go home!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ayy, such poor form, not naming the restaurant! It´s called Guerrin, and it has a big red sign, and it´s located at 1368 Corrientes. Disfruta!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We miss your laughter, smiles, wit, mouth farts, energy and passion around here. But we are so happy for you and I've enjoyed reading about your journey and experiences. I'm so happy for you. Much love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spectra and I declared Argentina the culinary masters of bread and cheese in all of its manifestation. This strikes people as an insult. It is not and now you know why.

    ReplyDelete