Monday, July 19, 2010

well-earned

My lunch today? A chocolate-banana shake and "big" Italian sub from Potbelly. My running-packed weekend has me craving ice cream and meat, so this is about as satisfying as a meal can get right now. Over the last few months I've decided that training for a marathon not only earns me the right to eat more than 1,600 calories in one meal, but also the right to nap every day, drink lemonade until my belly hurts, force conversations about running on people who don't really care (and expect endless accolades and appropriately-time astonished gasps), and receive daily foot rubs (I'm still waiting for this last item to materialize).


I just realized you could replace "running-packed," "training for a marathon" and "running" with "gestation-filled," "being pregnant" and "babies" and that paragraph would still make complete sense. Maybe pregnant women and marathoners should form support groups. Or eating clubs.

No comments:

Post a Comment