Friday, August 21, 2009

two months

It took me two months to really settle in; to begin to form a life here. Two months to feel comfortable, at home; to not feel so sad and lonely; to start forgetting to cross off each day that passes. Two months to start acting like my goofy self in front of my homestay family. Two months to make real, live, Argentinian friends who invite me out for brunches and parties and nights on the town. Two months to know my way around; to get all of the touristy things out of the way and just start living. Two months to start really liking Buenos Aires. Two months to learn to take things for what they are, the good and the bad; to really begin to appreciate all I´m experiencing here; to slow down and enjoy the little pleasures of my life in Argentina.

It feels good to have arrived.

No comments:

Post a Comment