Wednesday, August 5, 2009

lucky me

Speaking of loneliness and wishing I had friends to explore the city with... two of my college roommates, Nancy and Janine, arrive tomorrow. And I couldn´t be more thrilled. They´ll be here for nine days, during which we´ll run all over the city; have long dinners; see a tango show; laugh and catch up; travel to the Mendoza wine region to bike to vineyards in the Argentine countryside; and, weather permitting, sit outside in afternoon sunshine, lingering over our lunch, just like all those lucky people I´ve watched all these weeks. It´s perfect timing, and just what I need. It will be so good to be around best friends. You probably won´t be hearing much from me for the next ten days or so, but I´ll be sure to give a full report upon their departure (ugh, to even utter those words...). I am so lucky to have friends who are willing to travel so far to see me. (Selfishly, that´s how I see it. Argentina? What´s that? Clearly you only came to see my smiling face...)

2 comments:

  1. Mendoza is well worth the effort but BEWARE—it’s also where Spectra and I sat down to have lunch in a park and looked to our right to see a man and woman having out-and-out missionary position sexual intercourse without so much as a blanket to conceal the naughty bits. “Beware” can either mean either “look away” or “look around.”

    ReplyDelete
  2. rlmiddlebrook@hotmail.comAugust 14, 2009 at 11:12 PM

    Hi Lia

    ReplyDelete