Friday, April 16, 2010

friday favorites

This week my Friday Favorites are all birthday-related. I turned 25 yesterday, and had a magnificent day off of work, enjoying lots of little pleasures in life. And since today is Friday, it is officially My Birthday Weekend, which means there is much more fun to be had.

- Groggy renditions of "Happy Birthday to You"
- Birthday cards in the mailbox that make me laugh out loud
- Morning yoga
- Long, hot showers that are followed by bathrobes instead of work clothes
- Lunch at Cafe Latte with a friend I've had since I was 5 years old
- Bright yellow sunflowers and pink lilies
- Being treated to Birthday Cake ice cream at the Grand Ole Creamery, and receiving the employee discount as a "birthday special"
- Facials that include more massaging than facial-ing and result in a dazed pleasure stupor
- Morning thunder and afternoon sunshine
- Naps on the couch in the sun
- Sushi dinners at Origami with The One and Only Mr. S.
- Chocolate cupcakes with fudge frosting
- Endless streams of texts, email messages, posts and phone calls from so many wonderful people in my very rich life
- Being in bed by 9:30
- Anticipating hand-made presents and weekend cocktails

No comments:

Post a Comment