Thursday, February 3, 2011

meat raffle

It is officially a life goal of mine to attend a meat raffle. What is a meat raffle you ask?

"A meat raffle is a tradition of raffling off meat, often in pubs and bars, common in Britain and in the USA in Minnesota and Wisconsin. In most parts of Britain a meat raffle is known as a 'meat draw.'"

How have I never been to one of these? Oh the anticipation. Drinking beer at a local VFW (lovingly referred to as "The V" by the mail lady at work) or Knights of Columbus while eyeing up hunks of packaged raw meat. Yes please.

Not only am I going to make it a Life Goal to raffle myself some meat, I'm going to make the bold move of putting it on my list of Things To Do In 2011.

You heard it here first.

1 comment:

  1. Dude. You are hilarious. I love the midwest and its relationship with MEAT.

    ReplyDelete