Wednesday, November 17, 2010

this is not what our bedroom looks like

For work today, instead of combing through food blogs, I'm being spoiled by having to look through home design blogs. (Yay!) I used to be an avid reader of said blogs, but then life got crazy, I got engaged, and the only blogs I find myself reading regularly are those of friends and Style Me Pretty.

But now I'm being reminded of why I used to read home design blogs, and why, when I moved in with Mr. S, I decorated the sh*t out of that place. I was inspired; I had so many ideas floating around in my head. And now, instead of tables and lamp shades and rugs, those ideas consist of wedding shoes and centerpieces and chicken versus pork (or both, why the hell not, it's our wedding!)... not really home design material (though inspiration nonetheless).

Anyway, the place that got the least attention when I moved in was our bedroom. I did purchase new lamps, two new nightstands and two dressers (which I said I was going to sand and paint... more than two years ago...) and a mirror. Sounds like a lot, but really, it didn't transform the space. The carpet needs to be replaced (or deep cleaned, though I think it's past the point of no return), the walls are blah, I don't love the lamps, and our duvet cover is just okay. No headboard, no fun colors, nothing to perk up a space that can at times be quite dark (old loft = no bedroom windows = sad!). It's fine, but very uninspired and uninspiring.

However, check out this bedroom from Making it Lovely and these heavenly rooms from sfgirlbybay. Some day, when we have a house with bedrooms full of light, I will have a bedroom that looks like one of these, complete with a big bed with a feather top mattress, down comforter and a pile of pillows. *Sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment