Tuesday, February 23, 2010

greens

I've (We've) been trying to be better about cooking... using Sunday to meal plan, and making at least two home-cooked meals each week (this may not sound like much, but since we're only two, each recipe usually feeds us for two dinners and sometimes a few lunches as well.) And for lunch today I'm enjoying not one, but two!, varieties of leftovers.

Last week we made Brussels sprouts with bacon, blue cheese and toasted walnuts, and last night we tried a new recipe, asparagus-spinach pesto. The Brussels sprouts got six thumbs up (we had a "dinner guest" that night) and the pesto, though fairly basic, received a decent mark. But I discovered a whole new level of tastiness today when I put those sprouts on top of that green pasta. It looked so healthy that my coworkers were giving me the Hairy Eyeball in the cafe. Little did they know it tasted nothing like Rabbit Food.

If you're into veggies, I'd give both of these a try, though I'd suggest not burning the pine nuts for the pesto, as it gives it a very nutty flavor... unless you're into that, then scorch away.

Also, I didn't take any pictures, because I was too hungry. I'll be better next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment